Wednesday, November 11, 2015

First Fondant Cake!

Hey guys! I finally got a chance to work with fondant for the first time. I have always wondered what it felt like and if it would turn out as smoothly as I would see on TV. I think I did really well for my first time and the customer really liked it! Here are some pictures:
I mixed together some pink and white to
make a strip around the bottom of the cake.
All in all, it was a red velvet cake topped with
 some creamy-cream-cheese frosting
and covered in pink and white fondant.
I had just bought flower shaped cookie
cutters and decided to use those to decorate
 around the cake. I think it worked out.

*P.S: I have always wanted to know what fondant tastes like....I don't know what I expected but it was a nice sugary paste flavor. I can't wait to show you guys more of the stuff I make in the near future. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment